When we first clicked over the Aflac homepage to explore their supplemental insurance options, we were greeted by a brief welcome video. The tone and mood of the video made it apparent that this company genuinely cares for their customers' wellbeing. It comes as no surprise that the company was created by three brothers, as they treat everyone as family.
Aflac has provided over 50 million people with the confidence to rest assured that they are financially covered in the event of a serious accident or illness, even if their primary insurance is not enough. In fact, this Fortune 500 company has a presence in all 50 states in the US as well as in other parts of the world. Along with their independent sales association and employees, Aflac Incorporated has donated over $75 million to the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorder Center of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Aflac offers individual policies for accidents, cancer/specified disease, critical care & recovery, dental and much, much more. Therefore, you can expect to find coverage that is tailored to meet your specific needs, so you can have peace of mind and financial support when you need it most.
- Insurance policies and benefits are available for small, midsized and large businesses to provide you with additional protection for your employees at a great value that pays fast.
- Register for Business Services to manage your Aflac business insurance account online quickly and easily.
- Group and individual policies are available for brokers to provide your clients and their employees with the protection they need.
- Resources are available for investors, including analyst coverage, financials, stock information, shareholder services and much, much more.
- Getting a quote is quick and easy, even if you do not know which policy is right for you.
It is rather difficult to compare pricing for standard supplemental insurance, as there are many different plans and coverage types and they vary greatly among providers. Therefore, in order to give you some kind of an idea on competitive pricing, we obtained rates from the top companies on the basis of standard criteria on a $600,000, 20-year life policy. We used the same information to get quotes from each of the companies. This way you will be able to see how the companies compare to each other.
Aflac was priced at: $266/yr $23.28/month
Aflac supplemental insurance has a number of different options when it comes to contacting customer service. You can obtain a great deal of information on available polices and more through their website. An email address, mailing address and toll-free telephone number is also provided. Also on their website, you will find FAQ for new accounts as well as for Business Services support. Customer service representatives are helpful, although not always efficient, but try to do their best to make sure customers are satisfied with the service they receive.
On the upside, Aflac has a variety of services to make sure you get the coverage that you need. They are portable, so even if you change jobs you keep your policy. They pay you directly so you can pay for your care any way you see fit. The claim forms are available online and easy to complete.
However, the cost of their premiums is a little on the high side and service is somewhat inconsistent. In addition, their products are not available for purchase online. You can inquire online, but you cannot purchase your policy. In many ways, Aflac is a good company, but it does have some issues.
Aflac Supplemental Insurance is a well-known company, especially with businesses. Our experience with this company has been positive for the most part, but as typical with most insurance companies, there are a few blemishes. They provide a wide range of protection and they will pay you directly unless you specifically request the payment be sent to your medical provider. Overall, Aflac is a good company with equal good and bad points.