According to the avast! Antivirus website, avast! Software currently protects over 165,000,000 active devices worldwide with their free antivirus software. The Antivirus Pro package is their paid option which offers the same coverage as the Avast! free software but with even more features to protect your computer. The company was founded in the Czech Republic in 1988 and today it has grown to a global company that offers protection to worldwide customers from Europe to the United States. In 2001 avast began offering free computer protection software to business consumers and private computers.
Avast! is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). However, the company is certified by ICSA Labs, West Coast Labs, VB100, and the AV-Comparatives. The company also has a foundation, Avast Foundation, which provides support to people in the Czech Republic who currently suffer from disadvantages such as poor health.
avast! Pro Antivirus Features:
- Protects computers from viruses, malware, spyware, and other forms of security breaches
- Warns computer users of possible file corruption before opening them
- Real-time virus update streaming keeps computers well-protected at all times
- Lets you securely shop, surf, bank, and use programs online and offline
- Allows virtual web surfing and running of risky programs with hybrid cloud technology
avast! Pro is the midline and mid-priced offering from the company for its customers who need upgraded protection for their computers. There are three main Avast! Pro packages to choose from. Higher priced packages offer the same features but can be purchased for longer subscription periods or for more than one computer. One year protection is $39.99, two year protection is $49.99, and three year protection is $59.99. Each of these packages covers one computer and offers a 30 day money back guarantee. Additionally, you can download each for a 30 day trial version before choosing to pay for the product.
The largest personal package you can purchase covers 10 computers and allows coverage up to three years. There are also larger packages available for business owners.
Customer Service and Support:
To contact Avast! customer service you can call their customer service line Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Central-European time, or you can find a local servicing partner on their website. Additionally, the Avast.com website offers live chatting options for technical support; links to social media channels Google+, Facebook, and Twitter; and a company blog through which you can read further news and articles from the company about computer security.
- Avast! is a global company that is used by millions of people around the world which means that their products are designed to be used by anyone, anywhere.
- Avast! offers free and paid products at small and large price points so that no matter what your budget you will be able to find a solution for your security needs.
- Whether you are a small home-based business with one employee or a large corporation with up to 1,000 devices Avast! Pro has a pricing package for you. Additionally, you can purchase file server and email protection per company server.
- avast! offers trial versions of all their products, so you can test them out before you choose to buy.
- The customer service phone number listed is based in the Czech Republic which means you need to do a further search to find a local-based service phone number.
Avast! is a global company with computer security software that is developed to help consumer, business, and corporate clients. Because they have been in the computer security industry since 1988 they understand what their client’s needs are and they work hard to provide virus protection for their diverse and growing clientele.