Bitdefender Antivirus was developed in 2001 and according to Bitdefender their mission is to proactively defend computer users against the many threats that can hit them when they keep their computers unprotected. According to Bitdefender.com in 2009 Bitdefender was protecting up to one million computer users worldwide. Currently Bitdefender’s customers include personal household and corporate clients.
Bitdefender has received awards, accolades, or certification through the following organizations: Virus Bulletin, ICSA Labs, Checkmark, PC World Top 100, and Av-Test.org. The Bitdefender website is well-designed and up to date. You will be able to find any of the information and products that you need without having to search long.
Bitdefender Antivirus 2013 Features:
- Protection for home and business computers against antivirus, antispyware, malware, identity theft, and other security threats
- Autopilot technology which allows Bitdefender to continue working without interruption to your PC, this is especially helpful when watching movies or playing games online
- Bitdefender Safepay protects your financial and online banking information
- USB Immunizer guarantees that any USB that you plug into your computer will not infect your computer regardless of any problems which are associated with it
- Online Remote Management lets you fix any security issues that pop up even when you are not at your computer
- Social Network Protection, personal data filter, and a scan dispatcher available on all versions of the Bitdefender
- Other versions of the Bitdender include enhanced parental controls, secure online storage and share files, file encryption, and two-way firewall
Bitdefender Antivirus 2013 Pricing:
There are three pricing packages available from Bitdefender each with different pricing, subscription terms, and coverage.
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus: $49.95 covers three computers up to one year
- Bitdefender Internet Security: $69.95 covers three computers up to one year
- Bitdefender Total Security: $79.95 covers three computers up to one year
The largest package that you can purchase covers up to ten computers for one year and costs $139.95.
Customer Service and Support:
Customer service support includes phone service, email, live chat, and an online forum where you can ask questions or look up information. Additionally, there are frequently asked questions on the website and links to social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter. Most customer service options can be reached online by entering information on the product you have first. This way you can be given general information on your product before you contact customer service. In fact, the customer service pages on Bitdefender.com are very well organized.
- The website is well-organized and has a wide variety of customer service options which allow you to easily find information for the products you currently have with Bitdefender.
- The Bitdefender.com website offers a free quick scan which allows you to see whether you have any security breaches in as little as a few minutes. You do not even have to sign up for the service or download any software.
- While the website is cleanly designed there is so much information that new users may have trouble knowing where to start.
Bitdefender Antivirus 2013 Summary:
Bitdefender Antivirus 2013 software is one of the most developed and professional computer software packages on the market today. Bitdefender comes with a lot of options that protect your computer whether you are surfing, using social media, or shopping online. Bitdefender is solid, and installing it in your computer is quick and easy as is their customer service options if you should ever have questions regarding your Bitdefender antivirus 2013 software.