Founded more than 20 years ago, CareOne is the brainchild of Bernie Dancel. After having money issues of his own, he filed for bankruptcy, but soon realized that other options are available. He created CareOne to offer those other options—debt relief services—to others. Since its inception, CareOne Debt Relief Services℠ has helped more than five million find relief from overwhelming debt. In 2011, customers using CareOne paid off $829 million in debt.
Anyone with two or more credit accounts totaling $2,500 or more can make use of CareOne's services. CareOne Debt Relief Services℠ offers custom options, as no two situations are alike. A counselor assesses your current situation and personalizes a manageable plan. In addition, your counselor works with you to create a budget so your financial future looks bright. They have been in your situation and are dedicated to helping you find solutions that work.
- Access to community support
- Customized plans
- Budgeting tools
- A rating from the BBB
- Pricing unknown until analysis is complete
- Not all creditors participate
- Minimum debt requirement of $2500 and two accounts
- Many plans to choose from, including debt settlement and debt relief
- Debt payment professionals show you which payments to make and when to help you save on interest charges
- Member benefit services save money in all areas of life to pay off debt sooner
- Real Money Prepaid Visa Card allows you to throw away traditional credit cards as you learn to manage money on the road to a debt free life
- Business debt solutions for companies in trouble due to mounting debt
- A Tip Jar offering Freedom Pointers helps you find new ways to save
- Monthly newsletters to keep you on track
- Budgeting tools
- Share the Wealth monthly contest
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
A monthly fee is charged for making use of CareOne services. This fee is based on many factors like state regulations and the amount you owe to your creditors. Before you commit, counselors analyze your debt for free and provide you with a fee structure.
CareOne offers a variety of support options. If you run into an issue, head over to the Help Center. General help topics may be found here along with account, technical and community help. Other options include e-mail or phone support. Call CareOne or put in a request for them to call you.
Enrollment specialists answer phones from 8:00am to 12:00am EST Monday-Friday. Weekend hours run 9:00am to 7:00pm EST on Saturdays and 9:00am to 6:00pm EST Sundays. E-mail is available 24 hours a day. Existing clients have access to phone customer support Monday through Friday 8:00am to 11:00pm EST and Saturday 9:00am to 6:00pm EST. Phone support for general questions is offered and e-mail is always an option you are given.
If a problem arises with an account, having easy access to customer support is essential. A quick resolution ensures you are not charged additional fees. This also reduces the risk of having the creditor refuse to participate in the plan any longer.
If you need debt assistance, CareOne is a great place to turn—and you can be confident in their services because the BBB gave them an A rating. Your monthly payments will drop and you'll see positive progress in a short period of time, especially with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. You'll be debt-free before you know it.