Our first impression of the Colonial Life website is that it is concise and easy to navigate. From the home page, you can access information about claims, online forms, information about available products and services, news updates, information on benefits education and counseling, as well as career opportunities with the company. Information is easy to locate and the pages on the site load rather quickly.
Colonial Life focuses on businesses and employees that need supplemental insurance to complete their coverage. Therefore, their website is aimed more toward professionals than individuals.
Colonial Life Features:
- The secure website is designed specifically for plan administrators, and it makes it possible to conduct business online in private with Colonial Life.
- You can get help designing a flexible benefits package for employees that meets your business needs.
- The Policyholder Service Guide provides information on claims as well as other services.
- Personal insurance products offer a wide variety of benefit options for employees and employers, such as accident, cancer, disability, hospital confinement and life, to help combat rising health care costs.
- Through benefits education and communication services, they help you and your employees understand the full potential of your benefits package.
- In addition to detailed information on available policies, several service and claim forms are available for print.
- Customer support is available for information on claims, accounts and policies, as well as support for brokers and sales organizations.
It is not easy to make an accurate comparison between supplemental insurance providers because the available coverage varies considerably from company to company. In order to give you an idea of how Colonial Life rates among other similar providers, we obtained rates based on the standard criteria of a $600.000, 20-year life insurance policy. We used the same information to get quotes from each provider's website, making it possible for you to see how they compare.
Customer Service and Support:
The extensive customer service from Colonial Life is impressive. It is easy to find abundant information related to insurance policies and plans, such as the status of your claim, the benefits provided in your policy, how to file a wellness claim and much more.
Automated phone service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can speak to a customer service representative Monday through Friday from 8am to 8pm (EST) for policyholders and 8am to 7pm (EST) for plan administrators, brokers and producers. You can also fax in your questions or concerns or submit a message online.
The upside of Colonial Life supplemental insurance is unquestionably the customer support. You also have a number of different plans from with to choose and the rates are quite affordable.
However, the website is not as easy to navigate as we would like. In addition, the policies from Colonial Life are only available to businesses for employee use. Therefore, this is not the place to go for personal supplemental insurance plans. On the other hand, if you want supplemental insurance for your employees to help complete their coverage, then this is one of the best options you have available to you.
Overall, Colonial Life has a number of affordable options for businesses looking to provide supplemental coverage for their employees. The customer service is exceptional and once you get the hang of browsing their site, you should be able to find the information that you need.