McAfee is another antivirus software company that is very well known in the security software industry. In fact, many people choose McAfee Antivirus when they first begin looking for security software because the company is well-known for providing dependable products at a fair price point. McAfee provides personal computer protection against viruses, malware, and other forms of security endangerment. While McAfee offers different software packages their Antivirus Plus 2013 is a basic package that offers dependable and easy-to-use coverage.
McAfee has a F rating at the Better Business Bureau, however, the company has won many awards and accolades from the following Virus Bulletin, CNet, and AV-Comparative. The McAfee website is easy-to-use and its design is simple and not overwhelming. If you are looking for a professional antivirus system for your computer, than McAfee may provide the type of service you are looking for.
McAfee Antivirus Plus 2013 Features:
- Protects against viruses such a Trojans and rootkits, spyware, malware and other threats that can be found online through email and various forms of web content
- McAfee Active Protection utilizes real-time safety guards to ensure that your computer is protected quickly and effectively
- Firewall keeps internet identity thieves from accessing your personal or financial information
- Lets you know which websites are safe to visit through the use of safety icons before you click open any website
- Scans USB drives to ensure that you are not infected with viruses that can quickly spread from USBs to computers
- Destroy all personal information files on your computer to ensure that no one can access it once you have given it to someone else or recycled it
Because McAfee Antivirus software is the company’s basic offering there is one starting price point for all customers who are interested in using it with several added price points depending on the number of computers you would like protected. For a one year subscription which covers one computer you will pay $49.99. Depending on how many computers you add to the package you will pay between $15.00 more for one added computer to $60.00 more for five added computers. Additionally, you can also add a discover and recover emergency reinstall compact disc for $12.95. This makes the total for a one year subscription covering one computer and adding an emergency reinstall disc $55.44.
Customer Service and Support:
Customer service information for McAfee Antivirus is easy to find on the McAfee website. Simply click on the customer service at the top of the page. There you will find frequently asked questions and general information, customer service emails, sales service phone number, and live chatting options. Additionally, you can sign up for the company email newsletter to receive company news, security information, and discounts on McAfee products.
- The website carries current virus threats sorted by date so that you can see what viruses you should guard against. Mcafee.com also provides a threat level rating system so you know whether you need to put further security measures into effect. Additionally, the site provides regional virus information.
- McAfee products are a little pricier than other similar online security software products. However, you may sometimes find a sale or coupon code through their online newsletter.
McAfee Antivirus provides safe and dependable antivirus measures that you can begin putting into effect right away on your personal computer. If you are looking for a popular and well-tested antivirus system you should check out McAfee. They will provide you with an easy system and get your protection started right away.