The Slovakian computer security solutions company ESET was founded in 1992 and currently has offices throughout the world including San Diego, United States; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Singapore. According to ESET they are dedicated to finding the brightest talent in the industry to work for them and currently have approximately 700 employees and offices in over 180 countries. Additionally, ESET claims that they have had 524 percent company growth over the past five year period and over 100 million users all over the world. While the ESET name may not be as familiar to the layman as other computer security companies, ESET is considered one of the best in the industry by those who know computer safety and security.
Among the many awards that ESET has received they were the recipient of Virus Bulletin 100 awards, Advanced + ratings in retrospective testing by AV-Comparatives and named one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 Fastest Growing Technology Companies. Their website is cleanly designed and projects a professional yet cutting edge image. Additionally, the site is easy-to-use and easy-to-understand.
ESET NOD32 5.0 Features:
- Security software offers antivirus, antispyware, and malware threats for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Changes cannot be made to programs without authorization thanks to Host-Based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS)
- Protection against malware infections from media such as USB devices, CDs, and DVDs
- Gamer mode allows gamers to continue playing uninterrupted from pop-ups, scanning, or other system tasks
- Educational videos explaining security program features and general internet security tips
There are two separate packages for the ESET NOD32 5.0 based on length of coverage time. Each package comes with additional price points based on how many computers you need to protect. Prices begin at $39.99 which covers one PC up to one year and top out at $149.99 for five PCs covered up to two years. According to ESET their best value prices, which save you up to 25 percent, are their two year plans.
You may also add a backup CD-Rom of the software at checkout for $9.95.
Customer Service and Support:
ESET has customer service phone number for the United States, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Latin America, and Asia America in addition to partner customer service numbers around the world. Email addresses, fax numbers, and mailing addresses for corporate offices are also available for each listing.
ESET also includes information on reaching their online customer service reps; links to their twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google+ accounts; and a company blog with news and informative articles for their customers. A customer support tab also gives consumers access to general answers and other information.
- Sections for home-based computer security software and business software are clearly separated and marked making it easy to choose the coverage that is best for you.
- 30 day free trials are available on all of their products so that you can try the software before committing to it.
- ESET products can also be found in traditional brick-and-mortar stores most of which are listed on the company website.
- Mobile security for Smartphones, Android phones, and Symbian phones is also available to download.
- The prices are a little higher than is standard for the computer security industry.
If you are more interested in substance and dependability over easily recognizable brand names then ESET NOD32 5.0 computer safety software may be the right choice for you. Once you begin using ESET software you will find that the risk to your computer in terms of malware and viruses is drastically and dramatically reduced.