Like many of the other online trading companies, Sharebuilder was founded in 1996. However, at the time it was known as Netstock. Sharebuilder is a Capital One Financial Corporation online trading company whose mission is to make online investing simple and affordable. According to Sharebuilder.com their stock purchase fees are as low as $4.00, their accounts require no minimum payment, and all customers receive a $50 bonus when they open their first account. The Sharebuilder website is one of the most uncomplicated websites available; the design is clean and all of the information is easy to understand and is protected by Verisign Secured.
Sharebuilder has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and is protected by the Securities Investor Protetion Corporation (SIPC) with all accounts up to $500,000. However, as a brokerage firm Sharebuilder is not FDIC insured. Sharebuilder is a good site to use if you are a new investor and would like a simple and uncomplicated investment service.
- There are two types of pricing programs that customers can choose to use for their investment purposes
- Free guidance for all customers including profile analysis, personalized portfolio, and automatic investing
- Mobile phone banking allows you to trade, transfer money, manage stock watch lists, and even open an account for free using your phone
- Easy-to-use website with a clean interface design that allows customers the ability to invest online without getting bogged down in too much terminology or hard-to-navigate design
- Sharebuilder seems to be an especially good investment site for beginning investors who do not want to invest too much money or get bogged down with hard-to-understand information
- Online bank is available with automatic investment
There are no monthly fees for basic accounts and there are two different types of investment options. Both of these options can be used separately or together. Automatic investments are $4.00 per investment while real-time trades are $9.95 per trade. There are other account and pricing options that can be discussed with customer service agents or reviewed online.
Sharebuilder Customer Service:
If you would like to contact the Sharebuilder customer service department you will need to call their toll-free phone number available on their website. Customer service hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Additionally, you can email the company through an online contact form. It should be noted that while the website is fairly clean and easy-to-navigate it took a few minutes and a lot of clicking around to find customer service beyond the initial customer service phone number.
- The Sharebuilder website is incredibly easy to use. The first page automatically gives you the option to open an account and you are walked through each step it takes to setup your first account. One of the biggest draws to the website is that the information is easy-to-digest and does not overwhelm at all. This makes it a great option for beginners.
- The fees are low enough that even those with little money to invest will still find options for them to begin using the investment site.
Some of the customer service information took a little time to find. However, with that being said once you are a member then the customer service page is probably easier to see and find.
Using the Sharebuilder website does not require a lot of investment or technology knowledge. However, Sharebuilder does provide support for customers to learn how to use the Sharebuider website as well as investment education that can help beginners set up their investment accounts. If you are new to the world of investments, Sharebuilder.com is one of the easiest sites to begin with.