Sublet.com is a division of Spyder Web Enterprises which owns a network of rental sites including metroroommates.com. The name, however, is a bit deceiving in that sublet.com, while it does offer sublet listings, is mainly geared toward assisting consumers with apartment and house rentals.
The website grew out of the owners need to sublet his own apartment when he was traveling overseas during his college years. Realizing the demand for sublets, he embarked on creating sublet.com which has turned into a successful website that assist consumers in finding housing whether it be long-term or short-term and no matter what their price range is.
- Sublet.com offers two forms of membership including FREE access which only allows members to contact landlords specifically marked “FREE” in their contact information section, and FULL access which costs a variable rate, and provides members with full access to all landlords who list with the site.
- Consumers can organize and store properties of interest.
- Consumers can send and receive emails.
- Members can also create a “housing wanted” profile to better meet their needs.
- Sublet.com also offers daily listing updates.
- The site also offers consumers a 25% discount for sending an email to their university or company or to 50 or more people.
- There is also a comprehensive FAQ’s section that is full of information.
Consumers can choose from the FREE access membership or the 90 FULL access membership which costs money. However, the site does not give the user a breakdown on what the membership costs are until you are in the registration process. The membership cost varies depending on search location. The membership prices range from $25.00 - $100.00 per 90 day memberships.
Customer support is available via phone or during daytime hours or through email. We received a pleasant response to our email within hours after sending it, and we felt the response was adequate.
- Database of FAQ’s is quite inclusive and covers almost any question a consumer might have.
- Multiple search options available including standard and advances search, search by listing, Id, location or search by postal code.
- Many services available including renter’s insurance, contracts, quotes and tenant screening.
- The database includes locations all around the world.
- The full site features are only available with a paid membership
Sublet.com is extremely easy to use. The layout is easy to understand, and links are quickly accessible using the row of tabs located along the top of the screen. The site has been upgraded and redesigned since our last review, and all features are more user friendly. The tools tab has links to some great information with regard to the moving process, and the message board and social networking sections under the support tab are a marvellous feature.
We recommend this site as one that can provide valuable information to consumers who are seeking to sublet or rent worldwide. We found the returns on our searches to be inclusive, and informative.