TD Ameritrade was founded in 1975 and has had an online web presence since 1994. In fact, TD Ameritrade is one of the first brokerage firms to setup an online website specifically for the intention of trading stocks and online options. Through the years, TD Ameritrade has grown to become one of the most well-respected and professional online trading companies available. Their website is also a reflection of their professionalism as it is easy-to-read, seems to be regularly updated and has an abundance of information. However, even though there is a lot of information available on the site it is not overwhelming and even new customers can comfortably use the website within a few minutes.
TD Ameritrade is accredited by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. In fact, it is one of the few trading companies at this time that is BBB accredited. TD Ameritrade has also garnered the following awards: Kiplinger’s 2011 #1 Online Broker, Barron’s 2012 #1 Customer Service and Education, and 2012 The Wall Street Journal’s Smart Money Five Star Banking Service Rating. The company also offers an asset protection guarantee and allows customers to download firewalls, antivirus software, and other safety measures.
TD Ameritrade Features:
- Online education such as free courses and webcasts
- Free trading platforms and professional guidance from qualified stock brokers
- Over 100 commission-free ETFs
- 60 days minimum of commission-free trading plus up to $600 signup bonus
- IRA investment options available for all customer including rollover and transfers
- Real-time market information available on the website
- Real-time trading as well as voice response telephone trading
TD Ameritrade Pricing:
TD Ameritrade prides itself on its clear and straightforward pricing scheme. Their stock trading fees are $9.99 per online trade, $34.99 per trade when using the interactive voice response system, and $44.99 when making broker-assisted trades.
TD Ameritrade Customer Service:
If you need to reach TD Ameritrade customer service you can call their toll-free phone number, email their customer service through an online form, fax, snail mail, or talk to a service rep at one of their in-person locations. In addition to the general customer service phone line there is also a Spanish phone line, international line, and a line for hearing impaired customers. Additionally, the social media accounts are linked to the webpage including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- TD Ameritrade has a large number of customer service options including lines dedicated to hearing impaired customers and Spanish speaking customers.
- Customer service is available via phone or email 24/7 so that you can make trades at whatever times suits you best.
- Along with videos, online courses, articles, and other internet-based forms of education TD Ameritrade offers in-person educational courses at their many locations around the nation.
- Third party research and investment tools so that you can trust that all of the investment information you receive is nonbiased.
- There are other companies which offer lower trading fees for broker-assisted trading. If you are worried about the cost of fees, then TD Ameritrade may be a little higher than you would like.
TD Ameritrade is a professional online stock trading company and it is also one of the oldest companies with an online presence. Their customer service options are extensive with social media presence as well as many other options such as a line for hearing impaired customers that are simply not available with other companies. Because of this TD Ameritrade may be a good online stock trading choice for customers who are just getting started.