According to the Webroot website the company’s antivirus software gives consumers protection against viruses, malware, and other security breaches without the headache that comes with installing and using other forms of antivirus software. The company was founded in 1997 and serves both individual and corporate clients with the same level of protection for their computer system(s).
Webroot has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2004. They hold an A+ rating with the BBB. The company has received awards and accolades from some of the following organizations: PCUtilities, PC World 100, Westcoast Labs, Webuser, and Cnet. Webroot’s corporate clients include Best Buy, Cisco, AAA, and Citibank. Webroot also belongs to the following organizations: Federation Against Software Theft (FAST) and Anti-Spyware Coalition. While these awards and accolades may mean little to you as a consumer looking to purchase antivirus software for your home computer, they do show that Webroot is a well-respected industry leader in the antivirus software market.
Webroot Antivirus 2013 Features:
- Protection for PCs and Macs against viruses, malware, and other security threats
- No reboots necessary as all updates are performed automatically so your computer is protected at all times
- Compatible with all Windows programs including Windows 8
- Includes firewalls, identity shields, social media protection, and phishing detection
- Internet Security Plus includes password protection and encryption while SecureAnwhere Complete includes the above plus backup and file sync and a system cleaner
- The Webroot Antivirus 2013 comes with three separate price points starting from $39.99
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus: $39.99 covers one computer for up to one year
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus: $59.99 covers three computers for up to one year
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete: $79.99 covers five computers for up to one year
Their largest package covers five computers for up to three years and costs $129.99. Additional products offered by Webroot include Android Antivirus protection at $19.99 for one device up to one year or the iPhone security app that can be downloaded free of charge.
Customer Service and Support:
Webroot offers a toll-free customer service phone line as well as local California-based and Colorado-based telephone lines. If you would like to contact Webroot via email or through their social media sites such as Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook these links are also available on the Webroot website.
- A wide variety of products and price points mean that you can find the perfect package for your home or business whether you own one or five computers.
- Easy-to-use website that allows you to purchase products, contact customer service, and receive software support for little to no charge.
- There is a free trial period on all antivirus software of 70 days risk-free money back guarantee.
If you are looking for a paid antivirus subscription Webroot is a solid and professional choice that can help you to protect your computer against the myriad of security disasters that can happen when you go online nowadays. The subscription is great for anyone from beginner antivirus subscription holders or those with more advanced needs. The company offers solid customer service and their website is simple and easy-to-navigate. You can even find an online community of Webroot customers and social media accessibility on the company website. Additionally, since Webroot offers a myriad of pricing packages you are sure to find a package that covers your specific needs such as covering up to five computers for a time period of up three years. For the price, Webroot offers a solid and dependable antivirus system.