Merged With Zecco Trading - 8/1/12
TradeKing offers a very personalized investment experience for customers that are looking to find an online broker firm that fits their financial needs. According to TradeKing the company was built and designed to rid the online investing experience of confusion, lack of clarity, and little attention paid to the needs of the customer. Founded in 2005, Tradeking offers low fees, simple information, a large variety of trading tools, educational content, and trading options for beginner investment traders to more advanced traders. The company does all of this without losing the ability to provide personalized service to its many and diverse customer base.
TradeKing has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2006 and carries an A+ BBB rating. In addition, Trade King has received the following accolades and awards: The Wall Street Journal’s Smart Money #1 in Customer Service from 2010 to 2012 and rated by Barron’s as one of the Best for Options Traders in 2012.
- Flat rate of $4.95 for stocks and ETF trades and $0.65 per trading option contract
- Customer service held in high importance with features such as quick email response, instant messaging with online brokers, and short hold times
- Trader network allows you to interact with other traders to share ideas, strategies, and experience amongst one another
- All accounts offer SIPC protection, websites are protected with leading technological encryption, and company is protected by third-party insurance
- Education center features online videos, analysis, webinars, live events, playbook, and a tax center for you to take advantage of
- Trade tools are award-winning and were developed with customer financial growth in mind
- Simple and easy-to-navigate website which still manages to include a lot of information on its pages
Trade King equity trading begins at $4.95 plus $0.01 per share on orders less than $2.00. Option trades begin at $11.95, 50 contracts at $37.45, and 100 contracts at $69.95. According to the Tradeking.com, website these rates are lower than many of the leading investment trading services currently available.
TradeKing Customer Service:
Customer service options are clearly marked on all Trade King Website pages. These options include contact with service reps via phone, live chat, email, fax, or mail. The customer service telephone line is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. eastern. Live chat is available online during the same business hours. Emails are responded to within two hours during the weekday and 24 hours during the weekend. The company offers tips on its customer service page on what you can do as a customer to speed up email response.
Tradeking.com is one of the cleanest and easiest-to-navigate websites in the investment industry today. You can easily find all of the information which you need without taking much time to do so. Additionally, there does not seem to be any information missing and all sections are clearly marked so that you do not have to click around the site trying to find information. Their pricing scheme is simple to understand and prices are low when compared to other investment companies.
Their customer service seems to be highly personal and they seem to genuinely want to help their customers in any way possible. They have a section of their website dedicated specifically for developers. Now that they have merged with Zecco they will have even more options and experience to offer their customers.
The company is professional and appears highly capable of helping customers reach their financial goals in terms of their personal life or their business one. While Trade King offers a lot of information on their site it never seems overwhelming and instead they have made online investing appear deceptively simple for beginning and advanced investment customers.